Monday, May 4, 2009

SPIDER-WOMAN COMMISSION

Pencilled by MC Wyman and inked by myself. This time, I was concentrating on light source when inking this. The light was coming from the bottom right. The areas where the light was hitting, I would have thin lines as well as areas that breaks and doesn't connect. I break the lines a lot on both feet. On the areas that the light source doesn't hit, I would have thicker lines and not break any of them. While keeping all of that in mind, I also vary the line weights. Very thick, very thin. The more extreme I can have both thickness on one line, the more eye popping the inks can look. I also made sure the interior lines had line weights as well. It helps create more of a form on the inside of the body work. Then there's hatch lines where I like to keep them consistently spaced as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment