Thursday, October 28, 2010

SUPERMAN: LAST STAND OF NEW KRYPTON VOL. 1

Here's a Hardcover comp copy I just received.  It collects some work I've done for Superman Last Stand of New Krypton #2.  
Here's a couple of pages for it.  First the pencils by Travis moore.  
And my inks over it.  Aside from the first, the following panels seems to lack backgrounds.  As you can see in the pencils above, the penciller requested stats of the backgrounds from the first panel.  When I'm done with the inks, here's how it looks...
The following pencilled page.  Again with the stats.
And my inks over the pencils.  This time, the stat was pulled from the last panel.
After I'm all done with the inks, all of that goes to the colorist, Blong,  who'll cut and paste the background and color everything up.  When all is said and done, this is how it looks.  Comic Magic.
More info on Superman: Last Stand of New Krypton Volume 1 hardcover here.

2 comments:

  1. Ehh....I think you should have went in there and inked all the backgrounds for him instead of the lazy man's way and stat. :) j/k

    Incredible again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I was going to just so I can get the original piece of art all nice and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete