Thursday, October 20, 2011

Index Card 2

Not quite index cards.  But I'm still calling it "Index Card" just to keep the free sketch stuff in the same category.  It was one of those free sketch request I get every now and then.  Click here to see my first post about these free sketches. 
These were sent all the way back to Belgium.  Originally, I was sent the two comic books (The Spirit and The New Warriors) along with some blank paper.  The Spirit trade paperback was sorta cool because it was published in a foreign language.  The New Warrior comic was all English.  There was also letter asking for a Hercules sketch.  There were five pieces of blank paper.  So I decided I may as well sketch other stuff on them.  Also did a sketch of Spider-Man, The Spirit and Batman.

Now the other drawing was something I did at the spur of the moment.  I had one extra blank piece of paper and didn't know what else to draw.  I wanted to sketch on all five papers since they came all the way from Belgium and going back.  I thought to myself, what characters are out there that everybody knows of?  Then I looked over to the left and I saw my daughters big bucket of crayons.  I saw all those colors, tips of the crayon and they reminded me of a Pac-Man maze.  You know... the power pellets and the bright dots.  Then I said "I'm drawing Pac Man!  Wouldn't that be funny when they get it back and see this!"  And that's exactly what I did.  After I drew the four monsters, I then drew the fourth monster being gobbled up my Pac Man!   Then colored them with y daughters crayons.

Wonka-Wonka!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious about the Pac-Man!

    Again, this is so neat that you do that for people. Guess it is a great way for you to give thanks for sending the stuff in and supporting you. Like the Spirit. You have an Art A. thing going there.

    Cool all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that Pac Man funny? I wonder what he though of it when they got the art. Pac Man drawing colored with crayons.

    That's a big compliment about the Art A thing. I don't see it myself, but I'll take it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete