Thursday, April 16, 2009

SECRET IDENTITIES: THE ASIAN AMERICAN SUPERHERO ANTHOLOGY

Here's a pin-up I worked on for a book called Secret Identities: The Asian American Superhero Anthology. The book was released yesterday, April 15. and you can order it anywhere. I inked this pin up over Billy Tan's pencils, who drew this character based on the creation of actor, Sung Kang (of the the actors on The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift). What's also interesting, I was in communications with one of the Editors on the project and I didn't know it before but found out later that he's the Actor, Parry Shen, who's I've seen on Television numerous times. After I found out, I told him I was a fan of his work and he said he was a fan of mines. Very nice surprise.

Here's how the cover to the book looks. Lots of comic book talent, Actors, and creative people involved. There are over sixty creators involved in this anthology. Worth checking out.
SECRET IDENTITIES is in stores now. To find out more about this book, there's a video on YouTube here.

2 comments:

  1. guess I'm not Oriental enough to crack a mention *anywhere* in that book except for my signature on the picture I did... :+/

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they listed you as the colorist in the book. I did notice they didn't list my website on my bio as other creators were listed. Instead, your name was in my bio as the colorist which they included on their own.

    ReplyDelete