Monday, March 19, 2012

UNCANNY X-MEN #2

Here's the cover to Uncanny X-Men #2 where I helped out on a few pages.  Two pages over Carlo Pacheco and one page over Rodney Bushemi to help out on deadlines.
Even though I only worked on a few pages, it was exciting to be a part of this.  Mainly for the image below...  My first published piece inking over Carlo Pacheco.  In a way, it feels full circle for me... I'll explain why below.
My inks over Carlo Pacheco.
Colors by Rachelle Rosenberg
I've inked over Carlo Pacheco a long time ago.  None of that was ever published because those were just inking samples.  Stuff I've done before I started working in comics.  Samples I've used to show Publishers and Editors what I can do to try to get the work.  Here one of the sample pieces...
Inking sample over Carlo Pacheco
Both Pacheco and my style has evolved over time as you can see.  Coll thing is, I've finally got to ink over Pacheco!  Someone whom I've wanted to work with before I got into this business.

2 comments: