Monday, January 20, 2014

X-TREME LEGACY #13

My Inks over Jorge Molina's pencils.  

Pane

Panel one above was trick.  First there's black tapered lines on top of artwork, then there's white lines on top on black.  Then the white lines are on top on white.  After white ink, it turned out nice.

I still remember inking the bricks on this double page spread.  It's a lot of work, but I'm very patient what it comes to details like these.  I don't see that building with a lot of bricks to ink.  Rather, I see each wall as it's one cluster of bricks.  Once that's done, I move on to the next wall.  Thinking like that, doesn't make me feel like it's a lot of work.
Just like waxing a car, I don't see that as one big task.  I see it as waxing a fender, then a door, then hood, trunk, etc.  I'm accomplishing small tasks which makes the who project flow quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment